Our Executive Board For 2019
George Bruneio .........President
Lorraine Fox............. First Vice President
Robert Beck …….......Second Vice President
Jim Kelly.....................Member at large
Rati Madhoo .............Member at Large
Best Wishes To All Our 2019
ENJOY OUR GREAT THRIFT SHOP
And donate when you are able. Barb, Fran, Ruth and Bill have made such a professional presentation in our Thrift Shop that our shelves are getting bare. Our Center now needs your help to
restock our shelves. We need books, clothing, small appliances and household goods of all kinds. Please see what you have and ask your friends and neighbors if they have items that they would like to donate. The income from our Thrift Shop is now a very strong source of support for our operating fund.
Public Welcome 9am-3pm Mon.- Fri.
Please remember us!
The Importance of What We Do
Being Part Of Our Community
1. We are still a collection site for the Food Pantry. At this time, pasta and sauces are needed. Please buy a second
something on sale and drop it off here. They also need canned and packaged goods that won't spoil.
2. Eyeglasses are still being collected and given to the Lion's Club.
3. Tabs from pop top cans (soda, tuna, cat food, etc.) are being collected for the Ronald McDonald House, which shelters families of children who are seriously ill or injured. We give them to the Women's Club who takes them to a McDonald's repository.
4. Both our choral group "The Sunshine Singers" and our band "The Impossibles" go to different nursing homes and assisted living facilities to entertain those residents every month.
5. Please bring in any post-marked stamps to the front desk. We collect cancelled stamps, and they are given to
the Blind Association.
6. The V.A. Clinic in Allentown has a little coffee room available to patients while they wait for their appointments. They need sugar, tea bags, artificial sweeteners and stirrers.
7. We are now recycling our used papers and newspapers at our Center. The Milford Volunteer Fire Dept. has a dumpster in our parking lot. Please feel free to use it.
8. We are collecting pennies for Cancer Research. Please bring your pennies and loose change in to help.
9. We are sending gift boxes to our Troops in Iraq and Afghanistan. We need more donations to fill our boxes.
10. We help support Quakertown's Fourth Of July Fireworks Display with our Bingo-In-The-Park and selling Pulled Pork Sandwiches at these 2 fundraising booths.
11. Our Volunteers distribute our newsletter throughout the Upper Bucks Area.
Find Out What's Going On In Your Community . . . And Then Get Involved !
I am Susan Besse the new manager at the Upper Bucks Activity Center. I live in Trumbauersville. I have a son 26, daughter 23 and I am very excited to meet all of you. I partnered with Habitat for Humanity to build my home and others and had a wonderful experience. I hope we can all work together as a team to make this Center an awesome place to Come, Learn, Create, Meet People and Have Fun !! Stop by and introduce yourself to me when you visit.